4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:24 am 

So took the '88 Mirage turbo out for a leisurely autocross today.

Bone stock other than wheels/tires.

Notice the body roll! :-?

Camera was a bit shaky but our concrete surface is not the smoothest and I had horrible wheel spin everywhere but in the straights.

Plan is to get me a harness so I don't have to use the steering wheel to hang on!

Gonna have a local guy try to fab me up some adjustable shocks as Koni doesn't make anything adjustable for the C10.

Gonna throw on some Kumho V710's next season and surprise H-Stock!
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sliMs7-1FFw
Van

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:48 am 
2nd Banana

Nice man, I take it those brakes worked out ok for ya?

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:05 pm 

Not yet! Still waiting for the Brembo OEM's to come in. Got your stuff though,thanks. Then I'll put it all in at the same time.

Van

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:24 pm 
CSM Junkie

Awesome run dude. Might wanna get that windshield fixed though :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:50 pm 

I saw you posted on SCCA forums. It would be very cool if you had some success in H-stock. I sometimes think about keeping my 89 turbo stock and running H-stock as well...but I think my fiancee would kill me since we already have 2 other "autocross only" cars.

Have you ever competed at a national tour or at nationals?

Good luck with the car

Craig M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:33 pm 

Yeah, I've been debating on whether to find an '89 (more power but also a couple hundred pounds heavier). I think I'll stick with what I got, especially since it's such a rare find. I got lucky.

However, the C10 doesn't have much aftermarket support. I am not gonna do anything other than brakes until I can find out for sure if my friend will be able to make me some adjustable shocks that will work. I still need to hit up the junk yard and get some stock strut housings for him.

If it's a go, then I'll have a custom front sway made, as well as an exhaust (or can I delete in stock?). I am gonna get a harness regardless.

As for Nats and the Tour, I've done our local Denver Tour the past couple years as well as the big show in Topeka. This year my brother and I have been running our Toyota Corolla GT-S hachi roku in STX. Last year we were running his unprepared Supercharged Ford Focus in SM (we got spanked).

Here's the car at the last event with the wheels from our Corolla (same bolt pattern, way different offset but it worked)...

Here's a video of me on the West course at Nats this year. We didn't finish last which was our goal! I gave up about a half sec maybe pushing. You'll see on the video. The car only has about 95whp vs. WRX's with 200 or so?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmMfBMkSefw

Me at the Denver Tour last year....

Me and my brother at Nationals this year....

Would you happen to know if crash bolts are allowed by Mitsubishi? I'd love to get some more neg camber in the front (right now sitting at around -0.5).

BTW, what cars do you run? Go to Nats? [edit:oops never mind. I'm guessing you drove the "infamous STS car" this year. Sorry that happened. From what little I know, I think that was BS.]

And if that was you, then I was lined up a few cars down from you at the Kansas region warmups on Sunday.

Van

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:09 am 

Yeah that was us is the sts civic. I think we got screwed hard to be honest. The things wrong with the car didn't make the difference and everybody knew it...and even said as much. I am sure we will meet sometime and I would be happy to tell you all about it. :)

At least my fiancee won in STS2L in my miata...that helped to soften the blow

I remember seeing your car now from the pictures. looks like you guys have a good sense of humor.

If there isn't a service bulliten for the crash bolts then you can't use them. if there is I think you are good to go. you can post in the rules forum on the SCCA forums

I hope more people start to post here. I also wonder how many people have campained colts/mirages successfully in the past.

I sometimes dream of building my colt for SM. maybe I could trophy? it sure would be fun though.

Craig