4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: help me anyone...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:47 pm 
Restricted Newbie

hallo everyone..im newbie here from malaysia..i hop u guys can understand my english coz im not too gud in english..jus wana know im using a mirage89 wit a 1.6t i'm thingking of taking it too a next level..i was thinkng of vr4 rs..is this engine is gud?in the meaning of how fast will it be n do u guys hv any other idea..tanx..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:18 am 
CSM Expert

You're referring to the 2.0 Liter turbocharged engine from the Galant VR4, known as the 4G63T? It's a great engine, got for the swap! Read around in the archives, there's plenty of info that will come in helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:48 pm 
The Silent Administrator

If the Galant uses 1990 electronics, single board ECU and has the same sensors you have with your 1.6T, then it will drop right in and you will have no worries. If the engine is from another year or the sensors are different, you will have to check the archives or ask more questions. It may be a matter of changing sensors, and swapping some wires, but best to find a DROP IN motor swap. :D

Post subject: tanx..
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:36 am 
Restricted Newbie

tanx...thats wat im confused about..but i think im just gona use all the halfcut staff..all parts of the 4g63t transfer to my car..i really dont noe how the proses will be but few of the mechanics in my place told me that its not gona be so hard to transfer it coz its almost the same wit 4g61t..im goin ireland next week to stay wit my sis over there..do u think in ireland maybe theres performance stuff??like turbo kits or watso ever performance stuff..coz in malaysia we got but the thing is for this kind of model ain't got a lot..only got for new models..n for ur guys info this kinda of colt r too rare in malaysia..only got fews..n im one of the guys who's driving this stuff..cn make people turn their head back again to see the car huhu..they luv it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:51 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Malaysia probably has more performance stuff than Ireland, the whole United Kingdom area is almost devoid of turbo cars of this nature. If they existed, they are few and far between. However if they support and or sell stuff for the GVR4 half cut you are getting, the by all means purchase things to bring back with you. I would just enjoy the time you get with your sister, and keep it a family thing. 8)

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:07 am 
Restricted Newbie

owh is it..ok tanx..by the way im staying at my sis's place about 3 o 4 month..n ma famliys only gona b there for about 2 weeks..so im just gona be hell bored wit my sis..huhu..u guys got the different way of modding ur engines n i really am interested wit ur way..in ma place if were upgradding the engine were normally use other more powered turbo like evo stuff or wat but u guys like to mod it n i luv that way..hope could stay in amerika or sumwhere maybe i could live and learn to do things by maself..malaysia's too boring..hehehe... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:47 am 
CSM Junkie

so you bought the clip already or not yet? i own the RS motor myself and love it.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:27 am 
Restricted Newbie

yupp..bought it already but still dun have the time to transfer it still..nway house the performance wit the rs..is it powerfull??do u feel saticfied wit the standard rs engine??n usually if u wana modify it slowly step by step,wats the first 5 step u would do or buy??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:24 pm 
Some call me a god

yes, you will feel very satisfied with the standard 230hp that the rs gives you... for about a 3 weeks (or less) after that, bolt on all EVO3 stuff (turbo, injectors, maf) and have a chip burned, that will net you around 330hp, and you will soon not like that either. ANYTHING for a galant vr4 or dsm will fit or can easily be made to fit.

If speed kills, then i shoulda been dead awhile ago. There is no such thing as "Too Much Power". There is no excuse for a lost race. Do you view the rev limiter as a fun limiter?or as a shift point? And we all know, more boost=more fun.

Post subject: ......
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:51 pm 
Restricted Newbie

hey guys..330hp omg dats sure gona burn those roads..im at ireland rite now .cought up wit sum accecories shop unfortunately the stuff is way way older..im looking forward to builtup the engine after i go back malaysia..tanx for the technics n info..hope could get more..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:05 pm 
Restricted Newbie

hai guys...long time didnt open dis web..my colt is in progress..swapping to 4g63t evo engine..dunno how to share the pic..