Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:58 am 
Nobody Important

Quote:
What about those 350# in the rear???
I think they are fine. People tell me that when I'm driving semi-agressive I'm sliding the ass around some. I never really noticed.

I can't tell you if I like them better or worse than any other rates because I've only had the one.

-paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:00 pm 
CSM Expert

I'm running JMaulds old setup, 350F 450R. I'm still using the jmauld front Koni shock setting, still waiting for that adjustment knob if you have it :wink:

Otherwise it feels fine, never had the need to change the Koni rate.

As for the spring rate. Well, everyone bitches that it's bumpy, and it is. I find myself bouncing out of the seat on big dips/bumps :lol: But launching, I need more spring in back still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:54 pm 
:) Those spring rates weren't chosen for comfort. It is very bumpy. You might try softening the rear struts if you want a little more comfort.

Ummm, I'm fairly sure I mailed you that knob. You didn't get it? If not, just use a "SMALL" pair of plyers. The image below shows you which way to turn to stiffen/tighten it.

Becareful when turning it with plyers, since you could easily break that tab off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:43 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Ended up ordering 450,500 and 600 lbs/in springs to play with, all 7" free length.

We'll see how the Koni's like them with the camber plates. I'll post pictures once it's on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:34 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Setup for the weekend is 450lbs/in front 500lbs/in rear. Bump stops are cut but I have a good bit left until I figure out shock stroke. Car is relatively low but it has room to go futher on front and rear. I will get pictures after the weekend's events. Shocks are almost full stiff at the moment. Rear is likely underdamped so I will revalve them come winter but I will play with the rebound damping a bit more first. 6" springs will probably work just fine and I will order them next time I change rates (as long as you are stiff enough).

Aligned currently (until I get the backordered camber plates)
Front and rear -1deg camber
Front Toe is out 1/16"
Rear Toe is in 1/16"

Also fabbing up an adjustable panhard rod shortly and car needs caster bushings up front. More toe adjustments once I get the car on my normal alignment rack instead of paying BimmerHaus to save my ass 1 day before I left.