Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:46 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Yep, and 2G Eclipse Spyders.

- J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:18 am 
Restricted Newbie

so with the 4g64 will it be close to a 4g63t? does anyone know how much hp there is and which one has more low end power. I would think it is the non turbo but I have seen it theother way before. Can you put in the cams in a 4g63t motor? is there such thing as a 4g64t?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:25 am 

Do people even read the FAQ's or do a search before posting? Anyways, trying to get N/A 2.0 power out of the 1.5 is just plain silly. Yea you could get 2.0 out of it, with some boring, custom crank, custom long rods, custom pistons, and oh yea, don't forget you would have to have a custom deck plate made to compensate the long stroke. Then you may run into hood clearance issues, and your Rod to Stroke ratio would be shitty, basically you would have a million dollar piece of poo.

The 4G63T swap in any 89-92 is such a no brainer, that I really dont know why anyone would do anything different. These motors are a dime a dozen, and any idiot can crank out 400+ whp. I myself like the 4g61T, because it has a much more ideal rod to stroke ratio, and is a better rev'ing motor then the 2.0. Build a 4G61 right, and what you are missing in displacement you can make up with in efficiency and boost. Ok, im done now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:38 am 
CSM Expert

You don't want a 2G motor all the sensors are different. And its a 7 bolt motor

You Also don't want a vista motor I heard their bell housings are different, and its a 7 bolt Motor

The 4g64 Sonata is the Motor of choice. and its also a 6 bolt.
Quote:
so with the 4g64 will it be close to a 4g63t? does anyone know how much hp there is and which one has more low end power. I would think it is the non turbo but I have seen it theother way before. Can you put in the cams in a 4g63t motor? is there such thing as a 4g64t?
Will it be close to a 4g63 how? Power wise? It will produce approx 150 HP of N/A power stock more if you remove the balance shafts swap the head etc... and the 4g64 has tons torque. You can put Turbo cams in but their not ground the right way for N/A power they will produce power down low but nothing up top N/A cams are better as they are more even through the whole spectrum... from the factory there is no such thing as a 4g64t but many people are making them they put a 4g63t DOHC on the motor with some custom pistoms and they say it allows them way more tourque then a standard 4g63t goto www.4g64.com for more info on this...