4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Yes, you would want the 9001-A manual because it contains all the relevant info for our 3G engine block/cylinder head/carburettor/MPI regardless of when they were produced (mostly inclusive in this regard). The other manual lists cars into the 2000 MY era, so not applicable.

The data you are looking for should be in the archives section of the site, listed near the bottom of the opening page. Socrateez and or Evotistical came up with all kinds of stuff a long while back, but when it comes to getting codes from the datalink connector, you can always look up DSM side of http://www.vfaq.com because they keep old info alive for year to come, via the wayback machine or re-hosting things that need to be kept to keep all newcomers to those cars (and ours in a many ways) in tip top shape via the basics.

Factory manuals will list the fault codes and long/short swings in digital graph form, as I was just looking through one the other day and it was there. Can use an analog meter to check the output codes (long/shorts/pauses). Morse code for the weary!

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:23 am 

Quote:
Yes, you would want the 9001-A manual because it contains all the relevant info for our 3G engine block/cylinder head/carburettor/MPI regardless of when they were produced (mostly inclusive in this regard). The other manual lists cars into the 2000 MY era, so not applicable.

The data you are looking for should be in the archives section of the site, listed near the bottom of the opening page. Socrateez and or Evotistical came up with all kinds of stuff a long while back, but when it comes to getting codes from the datalink connector, you can always look up DSM side of http://www.vfaq.com because they keep old info alive for year to come, via the wayback machine or re-hosting things that need to be kept to keep all newcomers to those cars (and ours in a many ways) in tip top shape via the basics.

Factory manuals will list the fault codes and long/short swings in digital graph form, as I was just looking through one the other day and it was there. Can use an analog meter to check the output codes (long/shorts/pauses). Morse code for the weary!

Hope that helps.
Alright I'll print the 9001-A. Should I print it full size on legal or booklet style with two pages side-by-side on a legal?

Here's my bookmark! https://web.archive.org/web/20140128044 ... fault.html Pretty sure it's relevant right?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:58 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I guess you can print whichever is most cost effective and properly scales to fit the page without skewing the images proportions.

FSM's are printed on both sides of each page, so half as much paper.

That's a great bookmark you found there!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:54 pm 

Quote:
Trans model should be on a smooth `plate` right below the cylinder head on the top of the trans case bell housing.

Break-in procedure is quite an interesting topic.
I finally decided to check what model my transmission is and surprise surprise there's nothing there!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:05 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Could be a replacement transmission or one from another model like a Satria/Proton. No big deal. Just need to know if you are re-using the transmission or using one that is mated to the engine you choose to put back in the car.

If you go turbocharged, I would instantly make the choice to go to a larger torque capacity type transmission. This may also mean changing out your axles for ones of a different length and strength.

I've never seen a trans bellhousing without a code stamped into it, unless someone played around with it and smoothed it out. IF it looks untouched, then I would suspect a change or a weird parts marking irregularity, which if the trans is operating properly, should be of absolutely no consequence to be mated behind the 4g15 motor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:08 am 

I've asked around some people and it seems all the 3G CSM's here always had blank transmission plates.. WTH?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 am 
The Silent Administrator

It may depend on where they sourced trans cases or how they worked things for your market at the time. Not sure if you guys in the Phillipines are General Export or JDM market, but you got some interesting variations we never got to see here (carbs and strange transmission combinations).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:44 am 

Quote:
It may depend on where they sourced trans cases or how they worked things for your market at the time. Not sure if you guys in the Phillipines are General Export or JDM market, but you got some interesting variations we never got to see here (carbs and strange transmission combinations).
General Export?

Yeah we got Carb version of the 4G13 and 4G15.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:41 am 
The Silent Administrator

There are four main CAPS/ASA versions of the Mitsubishi parts program, so we always wonder which version to look up, when new members get help here.

EURO/JDM/US/GEN EXP.