4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:23 am 

Hey guys,got a question for yall,hopefully someone can help me out here.

The scenario : i bought two CB Lancers,one which is a two door with the 4G15 EFI/4 speed Automatic.The gearbox was fruit and banana.(Fruit and banana? Dont think i wrote that)

Second was the same setup but the gearbox was meant to be good.

Now the two door is a 89-90 whilst the donor is 92-93,but there was a few slight differences which had to be swapped.

Torque converter was different,one was recessed,one wasnt.The shift arm that connects the shifter cable up was different and if i remember correctly the gearbox mount was different and the one pin wire thats on the side of the gearbox(reverse switch?) had a slightly different plug.

None of this was a big problem,just swapped the bits over and everything was fantastic.The gearbox is now in but the gearbox isnt operating how it should,all gears can be selected but dont respond the was they should.

So,finally,my actual question is,obviously there is a difference between the two door/four door gearboxes or a difference between pre and post 91-92 lancer electronics(which occurs in other lancers like the tacho issues with 61T/63T conversion) even though they were small issues.Would the automatic transmission ECU have different mapping? Different shift ratios? Which would cause it not to respond like a auto box should?!?

Do i possibly have to get a post 92"(ish) tranny ECU for the gearbox to operate properly,or is it more likely that there's internal issues with the box?

The donor was specifically bought for its gearbox to get the two door running,there was a stack of paperwork from all the services and replacement parts that it got and was 1-2 owner car,i think by a older person/couple.

Any information was be greatly appreciated.I really want to get this two door running with its (for the most part) original drivetrain so i can get it registered.

If not im considering,if i have to get another donor with a 4G15 manual setup and just do a conversion.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:08 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Without the trans codes from each transmission, it will be harder to find transmission manuals to align any differences for comparison.
AUS and NZ did get some different setups but we should have some of the same stuff in manual form to compare to.
There are transmission manuals listed at lilevo.com but there may be more kicking around that haven't been posted yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:02 am 

THanks FlyingEagle for the reply,i shall get the codes from the boxes and have a look through the manuals,im really hoping its some ECU difference that is causing it.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:42 pm 
Restricted Newbie

EDIT Think I found the problem. After taking a closer look at the ECU board I found a leaking capacitor and a scorch mark. :oops:

thanks
t

Hey

I have a similar problem. I have a 91 Mirage sedan with the F4A21 auto in it. The tranny is stuck in limp mode. I pulled the TCU out and it has this number MD#739458. Having a hard time finding another used to check and see if this is the problem or if its something else. A friend told me it might be the solenoids. Going to order a pack and install those next.

I have pulled out the TCU and cracked it open. [s]All the caps and traces look fine. It actually looks brand new inside, very clean.[/s]

Anyone have a cross reference for TCU swaps or know which will work for me?

Thanks
T