4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:58 pm 
Restricted Newbie

possible or not, i recently bought a Hyundai Excel GS and to keep it going until i can pick up a 4g63t swap i need to replace 2 pistons. I found 4 flat top mirage pistons from a 12v not realising that my hyundai had pistons that were not flat. will i have head interference? or will it just be a little more compression and be fine. DOES ANYONE KNOW?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 pm 
Restricted Newbie

i have searched and cannot find a direct answer, just need to know before i end up costing myself a great deal of money. :toimonster:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

As the owner of the board, and I've been here since forever, I have never heard of this. I think you are on your own for this one(sorry). Maybe there is someone who knows how engine dimensions work who might be able to help you? I just know that the 8v is less susceptible to timing belt casualties, and if they haven't had there heads planed they should survive a timing belt snap. The 12 valves are definitively interference. I would think it would work if your timing is spot on. You could just assemble it and hand turn it to try it out. I hope I'm helping shed some light about your situation, not exactly a direct answer you were expecting though :-?. You could also pick up an 8v engine in the junkers for less than 200, or you might find an ecu/body crash casualty excel/CSM on craigs list for cheap. Your options to weigh sir.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:04 am 
Restricted Newbie

appreciate the help, installing the head today and we will see what happens. should be quite the compression change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 pm 
Restricted Newbie

it works! has a lot of compression, will give numbers as soon as i do a compression check. Im in break in at the moment, so ill be taking it easy for the next couple weeks. will post updates as they come.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:09 am 
Restricted Newbie

yes please do tell on the compression. this may lead onto a high compression engine build...which could be very interesting.