4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 4g15 C.A. INTAKE
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:26 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Hi,
There is no much things to do with a 4g15, and is so imposible find a good modification for the Intake. The best you can do is buy a K&N air filter.

The other thing to do is this:

I did`t notice a better performance than the stock filter, maybe up to 4000 rpm, sounds really good.

Any way I like the way it looks, even it dosen`t do a big diference.

Next step coul be use a K&N, but i m not expecting so much of it.

I think step 3 will be buy this:

http://crautos.com/usados/economicos-useddetail.cfm

sorry for my english again.

Post subject: Re: 4g15 C.A. INTAKE
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:35 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

This is not a cold air intake. There is no cold air source. You are pulling warm air from the engine bay. The stock intake is a cold air intake because it draws air from outside the engine bay. Any noticeable power should be from the hard pipes, and should just give a little better throttle response.

You could probably benefit front the 4g37 throttlebody (with port matched intake manifold)/4g37 ecu/4g37 injectors. additionally tuning your cam timing and an safc might yield some tangible power gains. Also a 2.5 exhaust might help too. All these writeups are in the archives. Taking it to a machine shop for some headwork might give you a little more gain too.

N/A power for the 4g15 should be maxed out at 120hp.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 am 

Quote:
This is not a cold air intake. There is no cold air source. You are pulling warm air from the engine bay. The stock intake is a cold air intake because it draws air from outside the engine bay. Any noticeable power should be from the hard pipes, and should just give a little better throttle response.
Actually behind the batery still the stock pipes and what i did was put another pipe to take air fron the bumper i`ll take a pic of that. But I agree with you is W.A.I :cry: . The blue pipe gets really hot with the engine working. And the air filter is too close to the engine.

For me get 120 hp is pretty amaizing, I have a question for you: is there a posibility of get this 4g37 upgrades as a whole packege in USA. Here in Costa Rica is hard get only the upgrades, without buy the whole engine.

I have to say thant the car sounds good in high rpm, I have to remove my big mufler for a new noise regulation here in Costa Rica, Thats the reason i did all this, to get a little sound from the lil 1.5 engine.

here a video:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 am 
Now Drives a hybrid :(

Why don't you post a "want to buy" ad, or see if 89mirageman can do a junkyard parts run for the needed 4g37 parts.
If there is any 4g63 sohc cars in your country, you might also be able to get away with mixing/matching fuel injected 4g63 sohc parts, I don't believe anyones tried them yet.
In theory the ecu,maf and injectors of a efi 4g63 sohc should be plug and play with a efi 4g15 sohc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 am 

Quote:
Why don't you post a "want to buy" ad, or see if 89mirageman can do a junkyard parts run for the needed 4g37 parts.
If there is any 4g63 sohc cars in your country, you might also be able to get away with mixing/matching fuel injected 4g63 sohc parts, I don't believe anyones tried them yet.
In theory the ecu,maf and injectors of a efi 4g63 sohc should be plug and play with a efi 4g15 sohc.
I m pretty sure here I can find 4g93 parts, (1800cc sohc engine) Would these work too?

Thanks