4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 am 

I bored my intake manifold out yesterday and installed my non turbo throttle body from my 4G63 which is considerably larger than the stock 4G15 throttle body. My question is there a harness pinout with wire colors I could follow to wire in the NT throttle body? I know this might have been asked before but I've been here 2 years and I never have any luck with the search tool.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:26 pm 

Yo yo fruit and banana yo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 pm 
CSM Expert

Been away from here for some time so i see some questions from the past.
There is a much easier way.
Use the throttle body from a Hyundai 1.8l(90's Elantras if I remember correctly)Anyway its the exact same T.B. as the stock one...except its bored 5mm larger from the factory. Did wonders with the port matched intake and head.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:33 pm 

1.8L elantras... thats a 4G37 right? When I look it up here it says they have a 4G67. WTF?

And about the 4G63NT TB: It probably can work, I think you just need to define the pinouts OR you can compare FSM wiring to the 4G15 and 4G63 TBs and use the 63's connector and splice accordingly. Only problem I can think of is that the TPS might be using different values to determine throttle position.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but anybody feel free to correct me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 pm 
CSM Expert

I would think adapting too large a TB with different idle air porting and wiring splicing may cause some idle issues. I just opted for the bolt on, plug and play improvement.
I dont think I could say enough times though how rough the castings on the ports for these engines are. Compare to the smoothness the 4g63 intake and you'll see what I mean.
I bet you can get more out of the stock TB with just port matching your intake.
Thats why these motors respond so well to "tuning"...Theres quite a bit of room for improvement. :wink:

I think hyundai just threw in whatever they could get from mitsu on the cheap and whatever they had sittin in the factory at the time. I saw all sorts of unusual combos thrown into hyundai shells. You could pretty well expect to find any number of motors in the Elantras and Sonatas.
'95 is when they switched away from mitsu stuff. If memory serves me.

These cars are all past the junkyard sweet spot in vintage to be profitable to most yards. How many 93 Elantras or Excels do you see on the road today? 10 years is usually the age most yards will limit. Now you can still find plenty camry parts. So there are exceptions.
Heres a bit of junk yard advice: The smaller yards tend to acquire older stock as they are usually out bid at auction on the good shit. They also get a lot of the They tend to keep it a bit longer too. Some acquire sock from picking up derelict cars from peoples driveways.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 pm 

Yeah I'm sticking with the '37 throttle body. I just port matched the intake manifold.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:29 am 

So am I right to assume that the Elantras came with either 4G67 or the 4G37? Whats the difference? and what are the Hyundai equivalent engine codes for those?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:15 pm 

The 4G67 is almost identical to the 4G63 except it's a 1.8 and not a 2.0. It has balance shafts and everything. Even the head is almost identical. The only difference is the combustion chambers are closer in size to the 4G61. The 4G37 is a 1.8 SOHC 8 valve motor found in Colt Vistas and Talon/Eclipse/Laser.
The engine codes for the 4G67 is G4CN and the 1.6 is G4CR and the 2.4 is G4CP I believe.