4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Radiator fans
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm 
Nobody Important

Hello again guys. Quick question.

Do the fans on the radiator both turn on together when required or does one turn on at one temp and the other turn on at another temp?

I noticed that only one of my fans was on earlier today and my wiring diagrams are at home.

thx
-paul

(92 colt 4g15 if it matters)

Post subject:
One comes on with the AC, and the other comes on when the temps get to a certain point.

Post subject:
Nobody Important

hmmm, I don't have AC anymore so is the fan never going to turn on or will it wait until the temp gets really high?

-paul

Post subject:
Not sure about that. When I pulled the AC stuff out of my car, I pulled one of the fans out too.

Post subject:
Nobody Important

[quote="jmauld":330smpe3]Not sure about that. When I pulled the AC stuff out of my car, I pulled one of the fans out too.[/quote:330smpe3]

Which fan? Driver or passenger side? I would guess you pulled the driver side fan because that is the one that did not turn on with my car.

On a semi-side note, was one of your fans in a metal housing and the other plastic? I'm wondering if I have two stock fans or if one was replaced.

-paul

Post subject:
I actually had to pull the passenger side fan because the turbo that I used wouldn't fit with that fan there, so I pulled it and rewired the ac fan to work with the temp sensor.

I don't remember if the housings were plastic or metal. I want to say plastic, but I could be completely off on that.

Post subject:
Nobody Important

Looking thru the circuit diagrams, the (stock locations) driver side fan is only for A/C and the passenger side fan is pure temp controlled, (85c on/78c off)

The controls for that fan go thru all sorts of funky pressure switches and what not. Plus it looks like the A/C fan would only turn on if the main fan is on too. (not 100% sure on that one).

These chrysler books are the best thing ever :)

If you guys ever need anything looked up... shoot me a private msg or just one in the forums (I read it all :))

-paul