4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:06 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hi, Jake from the UK here.

Ive been looking for a Lancer GTi 16v since I was able to drive. My father had one when I was growing up and I always thought it was epic. As I got older I wanted one to do an evo running gear swap (for obvious reasons).

Its taken me years to find a decent one in the UK (only 9 on the road here left). I found a white manual 1.5 1989 Lancer GLX in white! Super chuffed as I can now finally get this project underway.

The question is now, what engine do I go for. Ive seen a few 4G63t swaps with the full 4wd conversion etc and would bloody love that (always been my dream) however, I've fallen in love with the interior and exterior alike and dont want to change it into anything insane. This being said I'm extremely interested in buying a donar Colt CZT and using that engine and gearbox for a nice stealth 250bhp reliable FWD machine.

Any thoughts on this guys? Advise and encouragement appreciated lol. I haven't seen this swap done yet so thought it might be quite a special thing to do.

This is the car in question which ive already changed the rims and fitted a GTI colt front bumper and lowered a tiny bit on springs (will go for coilovers when I do the engine and gearbox swap).

http://4g61t.org/gallery/v13w.php?gal=D ... er/images/

Cheers, cant wait to get ripped apart for being simples lol