4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:56 pm 
Restricted Newbie

What's up, everybody! My name is Nathan but sometimes I go by Nando, just from my friends. I like to play video games, watch anime, and profusely sit on my phone getting distracted and wasting time. I have a 1991 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.5L SE. I bought it in October of 2021 as something fun to mess with. Somebody on Facebook Marketplace told me about the CSM group, and from there, I was led to this website. I've heard of some old sites from the past. There was turbomirage which sounded super cool as that is what I want to do to my car. There's a lot of cool things that I want to build onto my car this upcoming summer.

I've never dug into forums before. I know how they work and I have used a forum before for an old video game I used to play, but they all seem very old. It's a lot of reading. I just want to look at pictures. The 3G CSM is an old car, from the late 80s. The internet was growing some time around then and a bunch of forums have been made discussing all sorts of things. Many posts that I see are from a very long time ago. I really like to guarantee that most of the users may never go on a forum again, only judging from the age of a post to its most recent reply. And, I would think that many of you guys are older men. I'm 20 years old and very new to a very old car. It's hard to find information on the web of this thing and I've never seen another person with my type of car.

Though, I'm still happy to discuss anything CSM related. Here, I'm interesting in: engine swaps, as a 4G15 can be easily swapped for a 4G61 or even a 4G63, as I've heard; drivetrain swaps, like making the FWD cars be AWD which seems cool. I've seen that the Galant VR4 does it and similarly the Lancer. Just get the AWD transmission, a driveshaft, and the rear differential. It all sounds super easy, but I'm sure it's difficult, as I've never done anything like it before. I'd also like to modify my Mirage into anything of my liking. I've seen some old hatchback racing videos on YouTube. I don't need my car to be any serious racecar, just a nice streetcar that I can drive anywhere. But I do want to make it into a serious, extremely fast car.

Last thing I'll say is that I love to write. This is only my introduction to the forum but I've already got four paragraphs going. This isn't texting, or emailing, but I don't want to reply to somebody with a one-word answer, as on forums a reply can take up a lot of space, as just a few words or not. Also, I'm not used to logging in to a website every day to check activities and notifications. I use my smartphone for all of that. So I'd like to actually converse with more words rather than just "Yes" or "Just go to a junkyard" or whatever. I just want to talk to people that have similar interests as I and enjoy it while doing so. I really look forward to learning more about my car and seeing a bunch of cool pictures!

The Vermilion Salient - Vermilion is a shade of red which sounds like a really cool word. Then, salient, means to stand out or be noticeable. Shouldn't be too hard because not a lot of people drive colored cars anymore. Ironic because the meaning of the word mirage is like an optical illusion, something that you don't really know, a truth you can't see. The word salient used to stick in the back of my head for a while. I think I got it from one of the old games I always played.