4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:23 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hi guys, I'm Mike. Got me a 89 Colt base, sat for a while but cranked right up with a new battery and oil. Trying to restore then tune this for my daily driver. It's missing a few interior parts, but mechanically it's "fine" about to rip apart the 4 speed transmission to replace the syncros, then replace every gasket I can get to lol. Fixin the transmission, and engine before I fix everything else, but I could use some help finding some hard to track down parts. Love this thing, 200k miles, 1.5l 4speed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:28 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Welcome.

I will someday post a massive how to post concerning the places to go to find parts and hard to find parts for these cars.

For now:

RockAuto.com. Just be sure and ask the guys here or at CSM Oerformance about what part may or may not work over at the FB group. Sometimes RockAuto has parts listed and they don’t totally relate.
Partsouq.com <- uses online Mitsu ASA parts program, which is basically a 2007 version or newer of CAPS that all the old dogs remember. UAE base but draw from UAE and or Japan Mitsubishi parts holdings/warehouses. They also tell you Hyundai parts crossover and if it isn’t listed it was removed from ASA/parts distribution system.
JNZtuning.net
TMZPerformance for trans parts
TRE Team Rip Engineering for trans parts
ExtremePSI for upgrades mainly turbo and 4g63 stuff
Best to sign up at DSMTuners and see the list of sponsors on the bottom screen banner. They have lots of knowledge or can point you in some good directions too.
Sheridan Engineering can get all kinds pig tails/connectors/terminals to suit most mitsu connections
Ohm-Racing is offering many of the same styles of electrical connectors and such too but they also offer adapter harnesses that are mainly 4g61/4g63 oriented.
The list goes on.

Check the News from Admin section and find the manuals post. Every trans manual and factory service manual you need is listed there in its entirety. 1989 will be the same as 90-92 but there may be some wire colours being different later in production models because it was 92 they were made in Normal Illinois IIRC.

Hope that helps you get started!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Almost forgot amayama.com they are Singapore based middlemen that are very much like partsouq, as they draw from the same stock so you can plug in part numbers from both sites and see if amayamas populates with a higher percentage probability of parts on hand. Amayama also sees japan trucks and autos warehouses to draw from, whereas you don’t know if the UAE draws from the same system or separate.

Best of luck with your endeavour.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:25 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Thank for the welcome and quick response time, so glad this forum ain't dead lol. The main parts I can't find are the main fascia,( the molded plastic around the gauge cluster, and the exterior door handles among other bits random molded plastic they don't make anymore. I'd be willing to buy them from somebody willing to part with them

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:10 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Gauge cluster surrounds are brittle and fall apart or worse, when in hot climates like Arizona or California and aren't garaged faithfully. There are some kicking around, but they tend to come from outlying countries or randomly for sale adverts on FB.

Check out Abe Nasher on FB/CSM Performance/CSM/DSM/Early Mitsu-Hyundai,Mitsu-Chrysler imports, used part Group., he is into a bit of yard hopping and comes across many usable pieces from time to time.
Likely most of what you are looking for, could be had from a single car find.

Just be sure to put a location in your profile, it's one of the few things we ask people to follow. Helps us and you, sales and interaction. :supz: