4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: My intro post!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:01 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hello everyone! Im Nick. 30 yrs old and hail from the horrible state of Nebraska. I have been a Mitsubishi fan for a long time now, my first car being a 94' Galant LS witha 4g64 DOHC (auto trans). Since then, I have owned several cars and the Mitsubishis have always held up longer and aged better than any other car. My last Mitsubishi was a 2001 Mirage ES Sedan w/ 1.8l SOHC 5spd. She was my baby. I recently sold her to a good friend of mine so she can live on and be driven and mobbed to her lil hearts content lol.

I am now the proud owner of a 91' Plymouth Colt 12v 1.5l 4spd manual. This is my first CSM. The car was purchased from the same friend I sold my Mirage to. I have a huge amount of parts for the car, they whole interior and more as well as a good amount of swap parts for the car as well, as my main goal is to have a 4g63 Awd Colt.
For the swap, I have a 1g 6bolt, a 2g 7bolt head with Fidanza Cam Gears and Crower TI retainer caps, stock 2g Intake mani, stock 1g Turbo mani. I also have a 91 Talon TSI for a parts car. No motor, trans or front struts or axels, but Im pretty close to having all I need.

I plan on dailying this car when its all said and done, aiming for a reliable 450whp out of it, sleeper status on the outside, business in the driver seat lol. Even plan on using SMIC to hide the hints of boost haha.

Looking forward to making my first full on build and swap a reality!

Here are a few pics of the car! The most recent pic is the mostly empty engine bay.

Im posting a link to my photobucket rather than post 17 pics lol

http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/91awd ... %20PROJECT

Post subject: Re: My intro post!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:04 pm 

welcome to the forum.. lots of great reading and info here.. i would swap the head for the larger 1g head since its a 1g motor already. (not sure why they would put a smaller head on it unless its all they had)... also I dont think u will get over 300 whp out of the stock smic.. maybe with a supra one u could get closer to the 450... do lots of reading and research before buying stuff tho..will save u money and headaches in the long run lol.

Steve

Post subject: Re: My intro post!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:22 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I wont be using the stock SMIC. I will be using 2 MK4 VW TSI SMICs, one on each side of the bumper behind rhe fog light areas. I cant remember the dimensions at the moment but they are larger than the stock ones by a good bit.

Im hoping to use the floorpan from the TSI Talon, providi g the rear end damage allows me to, so I will be hunting down as much as I can on 1g floorpan swapped AWD cars.