4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:45 am 
Restricted Newbie

Hows everyone doing. first and foremost my csm is my first project car ive ever owned. I purchased a turbo model in New hampshire and brough back to MA with me. I still over payed but i really wanted to have the turbo model. MY plans with the car as to as of now just get it driving and on its way. MY end game goal is to hit 600awhp. I am in the process of swapping over to awd 4g63 and hope to have it done by october 1 2015 (who knows if that will happen). Im sure it will be a pleasure to be forum buddies with all of you especially because i have already learned so much. Looking to talk to all of you soon. And please feel free to Message me for my cell number im always looking for more csm buddies.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:27 am 
The Silent Administrator

Welcome to the site.

May I ask why 600HP is the goal?

That territory is where standard transmissions live a shorter lifespan. Really short lifespan.

We are always hoping to see fast cars, but we love it when those cars survive their ownership and power levels for a decent length of time.

Is the car going to be drag race only? Autocrossing or rallying?

Reason I ask, is because the car and your syncro's will love a slightly lower power figure (torque too) and will certainly be way more streetable if your goals set the power down lower.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:15 am 
CSM Junkie

well said. not to mention these cars are stupid fun with 350-500whp. a running car is faaar more fun than one that never does.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:36 am 
Restricted Newbie

The car will be mainly for drag and dyno and my garage queen. I am building the car to handle more than 600 but will only tune for it. and to me 600 is the goal for honestly no reason other than i just like the number. I obviously have a lot more research to do before i can officially say what direction i plan on going parts wise. Worst comes to worst ill lower my expectation. And by any chance do you guys know the guy that makes engine mounts i keep hearing about. I have been searching and come up with zilch. thanks guys hope to hear from you soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:07 pm 

89mirageman is the man.. he makes the mounts.. and sells tons of great swap and replacement parts..

here is the link for future reference..... http://www.4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=25357

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:21 pm 

Welcome,

I am currently driving my CSM with over 400HP and I will agree that is is very fun to drive. I built my car for goals in the 600 range and when I got it back with it's current base tune I was amazed. My tuner wants the car back for it's full tune but I don't want to break stuff so I am still driving on the base tune.
I would say build it to make your goals but start with a lower tune and work up. At some point you probably will find you will have choices that may change the direction of your car. My Summit is already near (or past) it's limit at the track with the HP it's making now. I was not thinking of a full cage when I built the car so the 600 is not so important to me. I will have it tuned some more but I am sure I will be breaking stuff if I push this driveline too much. Think it through and get advice from as many people you can find who have already done it.
Have fun with it!
Mark