4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: CSM DSM AND HMC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:57 pm 

Yup, I prefer to pick and chose the Tech I want vs dont, CL, Ebay, Wiki, access to info, access to discussions amongst knowledgeable people on forums, EFI, all almost necessary to me. That being said, I can still use a Map, read a book, confidently talk to strangers face to face, meet new people, and even drive my car without any of the previously mentioned technologies.

If anyone is willing, I can upload pics from my camera onto my PC still, and from there into my email ( at the rate of a pic every 5-10 mins or so ) I have no clue how to get pics from there to the forum, one of the things thats kept me off forums forever, If only the book Forums for Dummies existed, I could read it, analog style, then, in turn, digitally interact with all you "modern" humans ! Anyone want to get pics off their email onto the site for me ? I have tons of pics but would really not prefer to spend hours sending most of them. Maybe 5-10 pics at most.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:50 pm 

You can upload them to www.postimage.org or email them to me at 89mirageman@live.com and I'll post them up for you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:53 pm 

This guy is a kook, and I don't buy it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:50 pm 
CSM Junkie

Who knows well see

Keane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 pm 

Oh ye of little faith... what exactly is it you think you're being sold ? This aint the classified section, you are in new member introduction.
send me some pics to prove you're not just a spam bot, and then maybe I'll entertain the notion of selling you something, after all without pictures how can I even believe you're real ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:51 pm 

http://postimg.org/image/m32jgclpv/

Admin-

For future reference, it should look like this. The "direct link" is the one you want.
Code:
[img]http://s21.postimg.org/cvaaznenr/000_0387.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:00 am 

Don't forget to use the IMG tag. -Mech

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:24 am 

Mirageman, thanks for your assistance, I'm blundering my way through the pic sharing site right now, I'm telling you guys I'm terrible at this tech stuff, computer keeps jamming up every few pics and I lose all progress, i can't wait for the day computers become self aware, I'll thoroughly enjoy smashing them in defense of the human race !!
Well here goes again...Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:28 am 
The Silent Administrator

I had very similar thoughts to what aluma has said.

I dislike my cell phone cause I don't incorporate it as quickly as the younger crowd.

First cell phone, after a marriage breakup, came at 30 years of age.

People know where you work, they will get a hold of you. :)

Any chance the VINs got lost in one of the Messages? ;)

PS your cars look awesome!!!

That Scoupe paint scheme is like the WrC Bugeye Impreza but in reverse.

They should have sold the car like that in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:51 am 

how you know you need a turbo timer.....Image

My 4G61T powered Scoupe ruining tiresImage

well this is taking way too long, maybe I'll attempt some more later, sorry but I can only find one pic of any of my my CSMs, the nicest one really, silver one is totaled and the Colt GT is rusted pretty good anyways

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:49 am 
CSM Junkie

Ha you never really see those scoupes much. Those things are sweet. The grey one in tha garageis a scoupe too right?
Im also loving the pie cut intercooler piping. That is time consuming i know because i did that on my car too but it looks so cool.

Keane

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:18 pm 

See, it's not that bad. I feel your pain though, for some reason when I used to use photobucket my computer would lock up or it would take forever to transfer. Then someone on here mentioned postimage.org one day and I tried it and fell in love.

The cars look great! I've always liked the older Hyundai's. When I do see them in the junkyard it seems 99% of the time they're in better shape than the older Mitsu's for some reason. Maybe they were built a little better, who knows? I can say for sure that the interiors hold up much better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:15 am 
The happy administrator

I was late on the cell craze as well even though I was young when it got big. I didn't see the big appeal of them and it was only when family members convinced me that I finally got one. I'm rocking a Galaxy S2 right now...only 3 generations behind the newest one. lol

The scoupe definitely looks like a cousin to the CSM, probably because it is.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:23 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I have yet to see one scoupe in the wild, and this guy has two. Pretty neat.

Also, I'm 32. I have a new cell phone, Facebook, play video games, have high speed internet, and can passably code AngelScript and C++.

That being said, I've used a rotary phone many times, can still read a map, and navigate with a compass. I even own actual paper books.

Should the day ever come that it is illegal to drive an "analog" car, they had better hope they can catch me. They can have my throttle cable when they remove it from my hot, smoldering wreckage.

Welcome to the forum.

:D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 pm 

I feel better that I'm not the only one whose had difficulty posting pics online. I've had cell phones in the past, I had the nicest phone of anyone I knew back when I was 18 and lived in town, I just gave up on poor service in the boonies. Well I hope my huge anti-tech rant didn't overshadow my interest in "big " engined, lightweight, obscure-nameplate sleepers.
Yeah, scoupes are getting really rare in the wild, they always were, more so now that they're so old, when scrap was way up from China a decade ago and that whole cash for clunkers fiasco didn't help our old cars parts availability either. I inadvertently have started a scoupe rescue shelter over the years, haven't bought one within 500 miles in almost 8 years now so they're far and few between. I can find 1/2 dozen original Csm turbos at any given time nationwide but usually only 1-2 scoupes if any.
Scoupe is a step ?-cousin to CSM, interiors are better quality than CSM, drivetrains are mitsu. based for the 1G scoupes, with a Lotus tuned suspension, but the suspension is all smaller than csm and way harder to fit tires/big brakes etc.

The grey car in the garage is a scoupe (1G) G4DJ Hyundai 1.5 bottom end with 4G15 head, pistons and electronics. (G4DJ has beefy crank and rods)
The Yellow/Blue car is a scoupe 1.5 turbo (2G) Rarest of the scoupes, OEM won pikes peak in 93 against 300zxTT, mustangs in 2wd production class
The teal car with ugly graphics is my 4G61T Scoupe (1G)
Polished engine with pie cut piping is my 4g63T FWD Scoupe (1G) pie cut is a PITA, route not ideal, but there is zero room for IC plumbing on a scoupe
Engine pic in the flat black car is a 2G scoupe "alpha" 1.5 N/A, car now has a beta 2.0 engine from a 2K tiburon, fun zero lag N/A daily driver, 140 hp/ 2200lbs

anyone interested theres a video online somewhere of an ad for scoupe turbo from 93 drifting its way up pikes peak, inches from cliffs, to anyone who doesn't believe a fwd can drift, look it up, its only 30 seconds of awesome

Sorry I dont have more CSM related stuff, I never drive them, I keep them pretty much stock, figuring so many people do the 2.0 swap the 1.6T stuff will be exceedingly rare someday. The black one I posted the pic of has lowering springs, enkei wheels, and an HKS turbo timer, and a 225 mm clutch and flywheel, I added the flywheel but the rest of the modifications were done by the previous owner who brought it from Virginia (zero rust !!! ).
My Red Colt GT is all stock
My silver mirage still lives on in the teal w/ graphics scoupe body, I even modified the entire scoupe dash to accept the column, cluster, and managed to fit the entire mirage harness into my scoupe UNHACKED by hacking the crap out of my stock heater controls, and making adapter harnesses for the taillights and headlights, I think I never got the highbeams to work and also the clutch switch, but the harness is intact if I ever find a good original 1.6T shell to transplant the original 1.6T stuff into. The engine is kept stock in the scoupe with the exception of an MX-6 intercooler.