4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Tim Iacobucci Intro
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:24 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hello my name is Tim Iacobucci. I have been into dsms for a quite a while now. I have been traveling and I am fed up with the limitations of trying to stuff allot of stuff and or people in a TEL. I love the drivetrain though and I know more about it already than most any other car so I have been at a crossroads thinking about ditching the platform entirely, but there is a solution! The Summit, vista, expo!

I don't know why it took me so long to find out about this, I've got a friend that did a turbo swap in a mirage and I've read about the colts.

I've got a full 6bolt awd auto setup I've been building, to put back in my talon, but I would much rather put it in a vista.

I am having a hell of a time finding one though, I 100% want awd. I will probably go to Alaska with it. I don't mind fabricating mounts for a 1g tel 4 bolt subframe though if I have to. I actually think I prefer that suspension to the awd minivans.

Where the hell do you guys find these cars? I am coming up empty on ebay, craigslist, autotrader ect.

I am seriously looking at this one right now. http://albanyga.craigslist.org/cto/4271988964.html
I talked to the owner, he seems pretty cool. He's got lexus springs on it to lift it, I kind of like that, I'm curious to take a look at it.

I would really rather have a decent 1g vista though. I love the pure 80's japanese look of it. Looks like there is more room than the 2gs too.

So aside from where to find one, is there anything else in particular I should look for on these when buying? I'm obviously immediately yanking the drivetrain so I really don't give a damn about that but any stupid little interior or body things that any of you have noticed?

Last edited by timiacobucci on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tim Iacobucci Intro
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:29 pm 
2nd Banana

Quote:
Where the hell do you guys find these cars? I am coming up empty on ebay, craigslist, autotrader ect.
Search Craigslist often, or try hounding various DSM/Mitsu forums will be your best bet. Every once in a while you see them pop up for sale from members on here.

Welcome to the forum! Please put a location in your profile

http://www.facebook.com/captaintonus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:26 pm 

Welcome!

http://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/sho ... ost1129392

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:39 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
EWWW... I don't think he is looking for one of those wagons...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:18 pm 

Quote:
EWWW... I don't think he is looking for one of those wagons...
Quote:
I would really rather have a decent 1g vista though. I love the pure 80's japanese look of it. Looks like there is more room than the 2gs too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 pm 
Owner/Admin

Nice intro! Welcome to CSM land.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:49 pm 
Some call me a god

Oh wow... He is looking for a Space Wagon after all....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:52 am 
Restricted Newbie

Yup, i am looking for a space wagon, hahaha. Why ewww, just styling or what? Is there a technical or functional reason the older ones are unattractive I am unaware of? Other than rarity obviously I guess.

Thanks for the link 89Mirageman, I contacted him and the car has been sold. The thread was from a while ago so I didn't have real high hopes but i gave it a go. I will keep my eyes peeled but that lifted fwd summit is looking better and better.

I can't find a whole lot of detailed info on the body and suspension of the wagons. I have looked at the factory service manuals I could find for the colt, is the summit the exact same? I realize the fwd and awd bodies are different and I would need to do a colt like fabrication for the rear but how is the front? Is it basically the same as a 1g dsm? Will an entire 1g dsm awd front subframe bolt on or do I need to fabricte stuff to use that? The 2 side engine mounts should be the same regarless of the rest if there is a 4g series engine in the car at least correct?

Any thoughts, feelings, opinions or advise about what to buy or not buy?

I will be using a custom wired megasquirt 3 ecm so the ecu crossover or wiring is not a huge concern. I will juse use my dsm engine harness and run that all into the megasquirt.

I will look into the fsm wiring section but does anyone know offhand in an automatic 94 summit if the auto wiring between the inhibitor switch, shift solenoids and TCU is similar to a 1g?

Also are there any ostrich/ tunerpro afficiandos on board? I have not poked around on the dsm-ecu forum in a long time but I remeber having a really hard time finding download links that still worked. Does anyone have a bin / xdf file for an a 1g TCU by any chance? Or have a lead on someone who might?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:13 am 
The happy administrator

Quote:
I will look into the fsm wiring section but does anyone know offhand in an automatic 94 summit if the auto wiring between the inhibitor switch, shift solenoids and TCU is similar to a 1g?

Also are there any ostrich/ tunerpro afficiandos on board? I have not poked around on the dsm-ecu forum in a long time but I remeber having a really hard time finding download links that still worked. Does anyone have a bin / xdf file for an a 1g TCU by any chance? Or have a lead on someone who might?

I run Ostrich on my Colt. No idea on a 1g TCU bin though.

I know a guy that did a 63t swap into a space van, I'll see if I can get him to swing by.

Have a:
1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass - 468BBO TH350
Round 3:
1990 Dodge Colt-4G63T 5spd