4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:48 am 

Just doing a bit of research here.... I recently noticed in my 93 factory manual that there is a small section regarding the keyless entry system. Currently driving a 92 Colt Vista, but I am curious whether or not the keyless entry was available in 92 or even if it was supplied on the colts. To me it appears to be exclusive to the expo's but not sure.

I may have to pull off a panel or two and see if my van has it, but not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:45 pm 

My 94 Summit had it. I bought the fob on ebay and programmed it myself. Weirdly enough it would lock all of the doors fine but only unlock the driver's side door. No problem since the unlock button is easy to access.

If you have a 3 door the unit is under the panel on the driver's side by the rear seat. There's a box behind it with a tiny dip switch. It's been a few years so my memory is fuzzy. But there should be a post on here by me about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:32 pm 

ok thanks, i just swapped out a few things on my 92 and got to thinking... i wonder if i can use the switch from a talon door lock to get all the doors to unlock by using the key. I'll probably end up putting in an aftermarket alarm anyhow but time will tell. It took me almost two years just to get around to swapping out the door locks just so i could finally use the drivers door again to gain access. Can't even tell you how many times I forgot and tried the key only to have to go over to the passenger side. Maybe my subconscious was telling me that if i just kept trying the tumbler would somehow conform and begin to work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:56 pm 

to bring this from the dead. i tried many many times to program the factory eagle oem keyless entry but had 0 luck.i gave up. then few days later got frustrated was at a friends shop(performancepartout.com).i know these are similar to a 2g in many ways. so i grabbed a 2g keyless entry module to compare plugs looked the same. and what do you know its the same plug. i brought it home and plugged it in . jumped pin 1 on obd2 to ground programmed the 2 different controls i have .. it was easy. now i have a nice remote and an ugly one.

now can anyone here PLEASE tell me why the doors lock after i unlock it please. with the remote or unlock/lock switch inside. it did it before the 2g module