4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:52 pm 

Did a quick search but i have to go to work. Anybody have any options for this?
I have a 92 AWD with drum brakes and a full rear end from an AWD with disc brakes.

Should i just swap rear ends and live with the 4 bolt or is there a 5 bolt hub that will work?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am 
CSM Junkie

there isnt a 5 lug hub known to work yet. you could source one from japan or australia. there is a guy who has done that. Leon Reitman

or you could send your hubs in to moser engineering and they could redrill them to 5 lug.
i emailed them at one point and they felt they could do that at about $90 bucks a pair, so very reasonable.

Abe Nasher and i are slowly experimenting on hubs from an outlander.
i think it may work but its on a fwd van so i have know idea if the same things apply on the awd van, probably not

hope that helps

Keane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 pm 

Thanks for that, I think what i may do for now is purchase some adapter spacers to do the conversion on the rear. Offset will change but should be easily workable. AWD rears have a press in hub and no spindle as the cv has to pass through the hub. I think i may have to remove one from a donor rear and take a bunch of measurements. They are alot like a front hub so maybe i can find something eventually.

FYI... the AWD rear hub has lobes, or cutouts, to accommodate the drum E-brake installation/removal so i don't believe they can be redrilled properly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:25 pm 

I am guessing that if someone knows how to order parts from Japan we could order rear hubs from a Mitsubishi chariot resort runner gt. Anybody have a way to source those?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 am 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Sorry for a late reply. I have been ordering my parts from Australia, there are a number of RVR enthusiasts, who are willing to help us out? You can find them ether on www.4gtuner.com or on Summit/EXPO/RVR Tuners page on Facebook.

I am not thrilled with the idea of machining 4 lug hub, if you at its shape, you will end up with very thin distance between the hole and the outside edge!