4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:43 pm 
Some call me a god

Tossed on some cheap univeesal mud flaps, don't think it turned out too bad. I will admit I'm kind of poking fun of the local Subaru kids with the rally bro look. :finga:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:39 pm 
Some call me a god

I also want to let everyone know that this Van is a early 92 auto awd 1.8 and it has the 2g style mounts, three on the trans and one on timing belt side. There has been a few post where this is unclear but my guess is all auto awd whether 1.8 or 2.4 had the 2g style. Only the 92 year MT awd and fwd received the 1g style mounts with the 93 year moving to 2g style throughout all model options? Anyone else agree or disagree?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:54 pm 
Some call me a god

Grabbed these for 14.25 shipped! Now to get to work on the harness differences and see which would work better, the 1g or 2g harness.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:59 pm 
Some call me a god

I just can't leave well enough alone, here in the next few weeks I plan on putting a turbo on the 4g93. I am going to be using a 2g turbo harness and ecu along with a complete stock turbo set up. Right now I am trying to figure out if I can just extend the crank and cam sensor wires to the distributor. I'm not having any luck finding anyone else that has ever used a distributor in conjunction with either a 1g or 2g turbo harness and ecu. The 2g 4g64 Spyders are single cam engines much like my 4g93, but they use a coil pack set up like the turbo cars. This may be a solution to that problem if it can physically fit in place of the distributor. Only problem is the Spyder camshaft position sensor is just that and I have no place for a crank position sensor?

I know some would should away from attempting to turbo the 1.8 but the motor is in fantastic shape with great compression no smoke and no noise, it doesn't even leak a drop of oil which still amazes me. Leaving the motor in place leaves me to just replace the na parts if I can't get it to run reliably. More so if it decides to let go which should not be the case on 5lb of boost I have a complete seven bolt to replace it with.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:22 pm 
Some call me a god

I just figured out that the 4g93 exhaust is slightly different from a 4g63. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:03 am 
CSM Junkie

Awesome im subscribed. I love a n/a to turbo build. Its always so excitintg to see what an engine is capable of
:supz:

Keane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:06 am 
Some call me a god

Snatched up a complete RVR turbo engine swap, it has the engine, trans, wiring harness, ecu, tcu, all accessories and the top mount intercooler to use fir the time being! This thing is gonna get fun here in the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:30 am 
CSM Junkie

yesss!!

i was hoping you were going to post this up here.
its going to be awesome.
:supz:

shit even the wiring harness and ecu, sweet.
i was just about to say that lancerman may be able to shed some light on the wiring end of things
but you not even need it with having such a complete kit

Keane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:44 am 
Some call me a god

Yeah for 1600 shipped I feel like I made out like a bandit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 pm 

That is a steal. I love the looks of those gray 92 GVR4 wheels on there, especially with the matching trim around the bottom. The way Mitsu should have sold these things.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
Snatched up a complete RVR turbo engine swap, it has the engine, trans, wiring harness, ecu, tcu, all accessories and the top mount intercooler to use fir the time being! This thing is gonna get fun here in the next few weeks.
awesome. i think you bought the one i was looking at. was gonna buy it for a spare cause it looked so clean. glad to see it go to good home.

as far as harness goes, i am pretty sure the harness goes through the firewall in the same spot LHD RHD. so you are gonna have a much easier time than me. I didnt get a harness with my swap. so i didnt have an option.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:56 am 
Some call me a god

Quote:
Quote:
awesome. i think you bought the one i was looking at. was gonna buy it for a spare cause it looked so clean. glad to see it go to good home.

as far as harness goes, i am pretty sure the harness goes through the firewall in the same spot LHD RHD. so you are gonna have a much easier time than me. I didnt get a harness with my swap. so i didnt have an option.
Wow I hadn't thought about the harness entry point. I am worried about my ac and lines though, the 1.8 in the van has the ac in the front and the Alternator in the rear. Hopefully I'll only need to extend the charging harness and be able to route the refrigerant lines out the way.

As of right now I have all new front axles, new complete lower control arms, inner tire rods, outer tie rod ends, new bellows. The van has new struts, strut tops, fresh front brakes and rotors, other than sway bar bushings and end links it'll be pretty solid.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:06 pm 
CSM Junkie

Are you still waiting on shipping for the motorset? Did you get it from Alan jdm?
ac could be a bitch. my microvan is a 2.4 and the alternators in front ac in rear like most dsm/csm

Keane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:27 pm 
Some call me a god

They go by JDMKingCorp on ebay, it'll be here tomorrow. AC isn't a huge deal but worst come to worst I'll have custom lines crimped onto the existing fittings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:27 am 
Some call me a god

Received a few more pieces of the puzzle today, big thanks out to Lancerman for supplying me with a 3.3 ring and pinion! I'm gonna pull the existing 3.54 out along with the w4a31's differential and matching t case for anyone wanting a low geared auto.

Also my engine was delivered over at my buddies work (loading dock) today as well, he is going to bring it on over to me after he gets off tomorrow afternoon. I got a brand new 2.4 expo drivers mount in today as well, is this the mount that will work with the dual cam engines too? Getting close to actually putting it together, I'm looking forward to enjoy this thing with actual passing power. :rolleyes:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next