4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:58 pm 

I can almost guarantee that was his first summit wagon. Probably thought it was a prank when you called him up :lol: . Those guys amaze me though. Seen a few at work and its crazy how they slowly massage those dents away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:24 pm 
CSM Junkie

More and more mint. Its gonna be the nicest expo in the US :lol:

I like your injection ideas. Really curious about your pre turbo setup. Pardon my ignorance here but can that in anyway increase risk of fire? And what about the Bob will it release trace fuel vapor too? I guess that could be recirced in....can't wait to see your progress

Keane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:14 am 
CSM Junkie

I have been running water/alky injection of some sort or another for some 35 years now. done it all sorts of ways. once you get used to the extra power you can never go back to straight pump gas. I am gonna do a new right up with everything in one place. But if you want to read up on it you can find most everything here in this thread:
http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water- ... ay-go.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:57 pm 
CSM Junkie

im reading away thanks for the link.

Keane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:46 pm 
CSM Junkie

my first attempt at composite speed density intake pipe made from 3M casting tape. came out pretty good. took about 2.5 hours to make this. I learned a lot. its 2.5 at the turbo and tapers to 3.5 at the air filter. feather light compared to current MAF intake set. intake pipe by itself weighs 5 ozs.
Imageimage free hosting
Imageimage url upload
Imageimage url upload
Imageimage url upload

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:42 pm 
Some call me a god

Wow, I love that idea! That is one way to save a ton of money and I like that you make it how you need it, especially with the space constraints these vans introduce.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:07 pm 
CSM Junkie

Yeah thats whats so cool. you can get just the shape you need. this was just a practice run to familiarize myself with the product. thought long and hard how to make a mold that would be cheap , quick to make, and easy to remove with having to cut the fiber in half. the time consuming part is making the mold. the 3m product wrapped on in two minutes. and was literally dry five minutes later.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

V2 moe better. let the pics do the talking.
Imageupload pic
Imageupload pic
Imageupload pic
Imageupload pic
Imageupload pic
Imageupload pic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:33 pm 
CSM Junkie

minor updates. installed ecmlink and started to wire everything in. only to find link not working correctly. so need to send that back. got a little battery tray made. gonna use some long stainless clamps to hold in place. if I switch to smaller battery I just switch to shorter clamps.
started playing around with LED lighting. cause lets face it. 25 year old headlight design SUCKs. I bought some h4 LED bulbs last year. never tried them till last week. They actually surprise me how bright they are. but the light pattern still sucks. not modern and sharp at all. Then I played around with the idea of making some totally custom headlights using some LED lights from a 2015 R1. They put out an unbelievable even wide pattern. but not that bright. plus it would require two sets. and they are funky looking. I really just want to stick to round. Starting my search on ebay for some nice late model car LED lighting. They need to not only work well but look cool as well. found a great deal on some right side internals from a 2016 lexus. now I search for a broken left side to match..
Imageimages hosting
Imageimages hosting
Imageimages hosting

Last edited by lancerman on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:16 pm 

what ever happened to the light update? kinda interested in this.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:25 pm 
CSM Junkie

Just taking a little break from car. It will be getting the lexus or toyota LED lighting. when I added up I have nearly 14k in this project already I decided to concentrate on liquidating some old projects first before throwing more money at it.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:01 pm 

kewl keep us posted

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:50 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
got my tachometer working. if you use only one adapter you could change the "1000" to "2000" and have a 16,000 rpm tach. lol.
happy I can finalise and seal up my harness now.
Imageadult photo sharing
Can you give me more insight on this? My van is finished (a blast to drive) and all that is left to be done is getting the tachometer to correspond with the distributor type tach and installing the 3g shifter. I've come close to just buying a "jdm" cluster but the thought of KPH cluster isn't to thrilling, I had a swapped s13 eons ago with one and hated it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:52 pm 
CSM Junkie

the stock tach adapter on DSM used just one tach adapter. it takes signal from only one coil. the tach sees two pulses per revolution. a distributer driven tach would see four pulses per revolution. so i doubled the signal per revolution by adding second tach adadpter. now each coil supplies a signal. the outputs are simply tied together to feed tach four pulses per revolution.

yellow wire (out) both wires tied together to feed tach
red (in) 12v power. can feed both adapter from one coil.
white (in) is sig from neg. side of coil. these are separate. one per coil. super important these are not tied together.

the way wasted spark ignition works. each coil fires two cylinders. it does this by firing plugs each time pistons are at TDC. when two pistons are at TDC one will be on compression stroke and the other will be on its exhaust stroke. the coil is grounded through ecu. each time fires both plugs at TDC. the plug firing on the exhaust stroke is "wasted" . no harm in firing plug at TDC on the exhaust stroke. already burnt gases are being pushed out.

tying coils together on ground side would fire plugs at TDC and BDC. this would result in instant preignition death to engine.

Last edited by lancerman on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:46 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
the stock tach adapter on DSM used just one tach adapter. it takes signal from only one coil. the tach sees two pulses per revolution. a distributer driven tach would see four pulses per revolution. so i doubled the signal per revolution by adding second tach adadpter. now each coil supplies a signal. the outputs are simply tied together to feed tach four pulses per revolution.
ahhh, nice. thanks!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next