4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 95 Expo issues
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:26 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hey guys, how's it going. I have a 95 Expo that i've owned for about 4 years now. i havent spent a dime realy on it, its been good to me. but lately im having issues with it that are driving me mad lol. ok 1st, my horn was never working and i got it to work last summer (the horn on the front pass side) dont know what the front driver side horn is for (alarm maybe)??. anyways it went out like 2 months ago and when i try to fix it I cant. before when i push the horn button the relay would click but horn wouldnt make noise until i got it working. now its not working and when i push the horn button it doesnt even click the relay. I cant find this relay. Im hoping its just that for the horn but i cant find it. i know its by the fuse panel under the dash but i dont know which one it is. 2nd, my cruise control always worked and about 3 months ago it started acting funny. i would turn the switch on by the cluster and try to engage cruise contol but it wouldnt go anymore. i would try to push on the little lever to the pick up speed (down i think) instead of coast or whatever it is (up i think) and it would accelerate and presto, i had cruise. but now it does absolutely nothing. i dont know if its a relay or what it could be. 3rd, when i go to turn on the wagon it wouldnt do anything until i put my right elbow on the shifter (automatic trans) like pressing on it with my elbow while at the same time turning the key and then it would turn on. I worked on that today and adjusted the shift cable at the trans under the battery tray and its working ok now, even tho my shifter is kinda weird now. its hard to push the button to release the gear when in drive but whatever. could it be that the sensor on the shifter part of the trans is going bad? sorry for the book i just wrote but i figure, the right info always gets u the right answers lol. someone please help!! Im going :o lol.

Post subject: Re: 95 Expo issues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:18 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hmmm no imputs or ideas or help...... I guess im on my own on this one. .........

Post subject: Re: 95 Expo issues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 pm 

Look for a missing or cracked vacuum line on the cruise control setup under the hood. I can look through my manual and see what I can find on the horn. I do know that there is a cable that goes from the shifter on the autos up to the ignition switch, wonder if your starting problem lies there?