4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:22 pm 

Quote:
your car is 4x114 correct? did the Lancer only use this lug pattern from 2002-04?

also, what are you sourcing your calipers/rotors from?

Yes, 4 x 4.5. Any 02+ LS Lancer will have these same wheels. The OZ Lancers have a nice looking wheel as well that fit. Front calipers are from an early to mid 90's Diamante and I'll be using 91/92 Galant VR-4 276mm/10.86" rotors.

Tim, I'm not sure on the stock exhaust but its a pretty decent size. I doubt I even bother messing with the pipe, I'll just fit a smaller muffler.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:08 am 

Did a little work on the wagon, I fitted a pair of Lancer sidemarker lights that I scored at the junkyard. I also grabbed a factory spoiler from a Subaru Forester since it looked like it would fit nicely. I got it home and did a little trimming and got it very close. Just need to get it perfect and do some fiberglass work to finish it up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:34 pm 

your wagon is clean !!!!
i like!!

93 Talon TSI AWD (son's car)
04 Liberty DD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:36 am 

Small update here, the wagon received some much needed maintenance. I've been having this problem lately, the steering wheel shakes under braking. I figured it was a bad wheel bearing so I ordered the bearings and seals. I also wanted to upgrade to the twin piston calipers and GVR4 rotors while it was all torn apart. This led me to upgrade to SS brake lines and slotted rotors lol. Once I tore into it I realized my bearings were fine and it was the P/S ball joint that was the culprit. So after hunting around I find out nobody makes a replacement ball joint for this thing and you have to buy the LCA. I tried a ball joint from a 1g from the parts store but the Summit one is slightly taller. Rockauto to the rescue, they had the Dorman brand replacement LCA's on clearance for $43 each. I figured since the entire front end is basically new why not replace the swaybar endlinks and tie-rod ends too. So now pretty much everything in the front is brand new so it should be trouble free for some time.

Here is what I started with.

Pressure washed the wheel well.

After a few coats of satin black paint.

New control arm vs. the old one.

Peek of the end-link, tie-rod end and LCA.

1g SS lines, one was a little longer but they worked out fine.

Pic of the Diamante caliper that I cleaned and painted and the new GVR4 slotted rotor.

Complete

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 pm 

I like how you took the extra time to paint the wheel wells black. I can't stand them any other color.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 am 

Well there is some good news and some bad news. Bad news first, I went to help my buddy the other night at his shop and shortly after I got there he had to run a friend of his home that lived down the street. He was helping him do something with a part to his car with a cutoff wheel. After they fixed it they left. My buddy comes back in 30 seconds later and says "we just picked up another job". I said "oh yeah, what?" and he says "your wagon, I just backed into it by accident and tore the whole 1/4 panel up". :grin:

When I went out he shined his headlights on it and my heart sank. Kinda hard seeing her like this after all of the work I've put into it. At 1st we were just going to fix it but then he decided to just turn it in on his insurance. The cost of buying a new 1/4 panel and putting it on was over 2K so State Farm totaled it out. They gave me almost $1500 plus I get to keep it. It will have a salvage title but who cares? I'll end up straightening it, was planning to paint it in the near future anyway. Just a minor set back but the money will come in handy. Been wanting to build a nice big shelter off the back of the house over the concrete pad I had poured last year.

Here's what she looks like. :cry:

[image]http://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=144184&width=400[/image]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:18 pm 

damn what did he do floor the other car that hit u? that suckes but at least u can fix it urself with your new found shade area lol.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 pm 

He was barely moving. The bumper on his Dodge Dakota shows no damage at all. Dakota 1, Summit 0 :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm 
Some call me a god

Oh man....not expected at all. :o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 pm 

Dam man, that sux. My blazer was totaled and i bought it back with a salvage title. I let my mom use it for a while and i forget, but either when she went to pay taxes on it, or get it inspected or re-registered I think they told her she would have to go through a special inspection to get a normal title again before she could do what she was trying to do.

Hows it work there? are u going to try and get it inspected through the dmv to get a non salvaged title again?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:33 pm 
CSM Junkie

Wow, in Indiana, I had a 90 GS-T that was rear-ended. They totaled it, I bought it back for 850, NO SALVAGE TITLE since it was a cosmetic total. I replaced the rear bumper and drove it for another 1.5 years till the oil-pump gave up. Then I parted it out and made money.

If it is only a cosmetic total, the title should not even be touched.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:30 am 

We bought my daughter a 94 Montero that was wrecked in the front end. The guy's insurance paid him for it and he bought it back. When we sent the title off, it came back normal. It wasn't branded or anything although I'm sure it would show on carfax. I really don't see this being a problem for me. Especially in NC.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 pm 

I'd bet there is someone who could pull that out and do a pretty good job without having to remove the entire panel etc. It might not be perfect and you'd need to paint it but it may end up being cheaper. Tough to say. Regardless, sorry to see that....bummer but hopefully the extra money will help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:30 am 

Actually it already looks much better. It was nice out the other day so I removed the rear seat and the interior panel behind the quarter and was able to push most of it back out. Trying to decide it I want to bother with straightening it or cutting another one off a donor and welding it in. Not a big deal either way, I can do the work myself, just need to find the time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:07 pm 

I finally got around to bolting on the LRV headlights, grill, hood and headlight trim.

Before:Image

After:Image

Just fitting the parts for now, they will be painted to match once the wagon gets a respray.