4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:39 pm 
CSM Expert

Well during my project I have learned alot and tried to publish as mush as I can to help save someone some of the headaches I have endured. This is no exception.

I wanted to get the best brakes possibleon minimal investment and here is what I found:

Dodge stealth M/C Are WAY to big for standard Colt turbo brakes and a 3.5:1 Colt Booster (Stealths have a 7:1 ratio I have never seen one and have no clue on the fit)
Eagle talons AWD have a 6:1 Ratio and they fit (sort of) Although you would have to do major sugery on the booster to make the pedal sit right and I was over all highly disappointed with the fit so I scaped it. I looked at pulling a 6:1 from a Sonata I couldn't figure out how to pull their dash ad it was MUCH thicker than a colt unit looked as if likes would need modification at the least or extended I didn't feel it was worth it. Elantra was my next best choice 4:1 same as a turbo colt. Almost identical M/C to a tubo colt only the Elantra has a line shooting from the top at the front if you take the line with the MC then your fine. Now that I had the MC/Booster I thought it was a plug in ad go well it was sort of. It bolted in fine heres were the problems began. I notice the brake pedal even at the top of its stroke had barely any clearence to the floor you could only push the brakes 1.5" until it was laying on the floor. I thought I had screwed up again I did but it wan'y anything terminal on the back of the colt brake booster there was about a .5" of a spacer on the Elantra it has a spacer too but it was about 1.25" and it move the booster so far forward it have a really low pedal. I swapped spacer betwen the colt and Elantra Booster and the pedal came back to the right place things were good. The only other mod needed for this is to hack the wiring harness to accept the fluid level sensor for the elantra M/C infortunately you cannot swap bottle due to design differences in the M/C other than what I have mentioned the swap was a success hopefully it will be worth while after I get my project finished.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:35 am 
Nobody Important

Quote:
Dodge stealth M/C Are WAY to big for standard Colt turbo brakes and a 3.5:1 Colt Booster (Stealths have a 7:1 ratio I have never seen one and have no clue on the fit)
It won't physically fit or it is just a bad idea(tm) due to line sizing, piston size etc?

-paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:07 pm 
CSM Expert

No it bolts up and works I have been running one for over a year. But the piston is too big and we don't have enough of a brake booster to make it come alive. I think it would be great if we had the Chris Burns Wilwood setup and appropriate booster.