4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:41 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

So I finally decided to get around to installing one of the poly motor mounts I bought from summit. The part number is 13-501 and this is the for the timing belt side, which is a hyundai elantra mount, the front mount already has a poly motor mount, its a stock 1.5 mount, the rear is about 1/2 smaller than the timing belt, which the rear is also a stock 1.5 mount as well, and I havent removed the tranny side yet.

Pics!

stock elantra timing belt mount, really really soft rubber!

rubber removed with a drill

theres a metal ring on the inside, we used a sawzall and cut a slit in it, then bent it with a hammer and large screwdriver, then it popped right out! or you could cut 2 slits in it and try that as well

its out!

and the 13-501 mount is in, with some grease!

next up, stock 1.5 rear mount! Just gotta find one thats prothane :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:36 pm 

This is a stock csm 1.5 rear mount, its pretty tiny, will prothane part numbet 13-506 fit in this? Ive searched but seen no pictures or dimensions on it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:55 pm 
CSM Junkie

The part #'s for the prothane mounts are in the archives. I believe 13-506 is correct for that mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:57 pm 
CSM Expert

I believe the one that was made for the front motor mount of an Eclipse works perfectly in the rear. Don't quote me though. I heard it from MattGSR :)

13-503 was the box that the one I bought from him says, although I don't know if the box is the same as the mount he sold me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:19 am 
Some call me a god

this is the part number that you need for the rear motor mount granted that the turbo and nonturbo rear mounts are the same 13-506
you must take off the inner metal ring also
http://www.prostreetonline.com/pnsku/13-506.asp

http://www.4g61t.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18146

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:09 am 

I will be ordering 13-506 and posting those results, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 pm 
Some call me a god

fits like a glove, just ask lilevo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:20 pm 
CSM Expert

http://lilevo.com/lilevo2/engine/DSC00488.JPG
http://lilevo.com/lilevo2/engine/DSC00487.JPG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:13 pm 

What are you guys doing for the front motor mount? I have 2 each of 13-506 and 13-501. The 13-506 (which i used for the rear mount) is too small in diameter, but the 13-501 is too thick in cross-section. I think I heard of people using the 13-506 for the front also, but I don't see how this is possible. Heres some pics with rough measurements of both 13-501 and 13-506.

Here's the stock turbo front motor mount. It has a another soft rubber insert that fills in the large gap, but it's taken out for this picture. This this thing is really mushy and I would love to replace it with a poly insert. It measures roughly 81mm in diameter.

The 13-506 measures about 71mm. Maybe others are using a different mount with this insert?

This is the 13-501 measuring close to 81mm also. This should squeeze into the mount but...

It's way too thick. measuring at about 50mm. The stock mount is about 38mm thick.

The front mount next to the smaller rear mount with 13-506 poly insert installed.

Does anybody have an idea? I can cut the 13-501 down, but then I would have to order another one to fit the timing belt side. Do non-turbo cars have smaller front mounts? It would be much easier for me to run to the junk yard and grab one of those if the 13-506 will fit in it. Also, please put this thread int the information archives!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:57 pm 
CSM Junkie

Hows the fit on the 13-506 for the rear mount? Did you have to cut out the inner metal ring? Why couldnt you shave off 6mm from each of the innner part of the urethane (the 2 pieces that butt against each other when inside the actual metal mount)

So, we already know which urethane to use for the timing belt mount, with pics to prove it works. This is the only thing holding me from dropping the motor into my car.

-Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:34 pm 

Quote:
Hows the fit on the 13-506 for the rear mount? Did you have to cut out the inner metal ring? Why couldnt you shave off 6mm from each of the innner part of the urethane (the 2 pieces that butt against each other when inside the actual metal mount)

So, we already know which urethane to use for the timing belt mount, with pics to prove it works. This is the only thing holding me from dropping the motor into my car.

-Mike
The rear mount fits perfectly. I did have to cut the metal ring out, but once I did it just slid right in and was a snug fit.

I also installed a 13-501 mount on the transmission mount side. This one was a very tight fit. I put the poly insert in the freezer and smashed in in with a vice and some grease.

I could shave some material off the inside of the mount, I was just looking for another solution because then I would have to order an additional 13-501 mount for the timing belt side, and I would have an extra 13-506 mount that i have no use for. I did a little more searching and found out I actually need 3 13-501's. Anybody have a 13-501 they want to trade for a 13-501 lol?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:57 pm 

I just found out that the transmission mount is a little too thin to fit in the transmission mount side. There is a gap on both sides at would allow some slop. I will probably space it out by welding large washers to the inside of the transmission bracket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:21 pm 
Some call me a god

I initially used the 13-506 for the front motor mount without takng out the inner metal ring, but the fit wasnt as snug as i wanted to. Looking at the measurements you have for the front mount, it looks like the 13-501 will fit good even if is wider by about 11mm because if you look at the mount and the mount bracket, there is space on each side of the mount and the wider 13-501 poly inserts will fill that gap in, and when you bolt it on and tigheten the nuts it will compres the mount further and make it a snug fit. I fixed my issue on the front mount i had by having biglady (here on the borads) make me some aluminum inserts for the front. I would have tried the poly 13-501 if i took measurements for the front.
You should try putting it on and see how it fits, it does look like it will fit ver good from the pics and measurements you posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:00 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
I just found out that the transmission mount is a little too thin to fit in the transmission mount side. There is a gap on both sides at would allow some slop. I will probably space it out by welding large washers to the inside of the transmission bracket.
Is there another option for this? Anyone know of a motor mount that would fit perfectly? I will be buying prothane inserts myself and I'll be following along with this thread. Please keep updating. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:44 pm 
CSM Junkie

Two of my poly's are on back order from summit.
Apparently I bought the last ones.