|BMW Headlight Conversion - HOW-TO
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Berserko [ Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm ]|
|Post subject:||BMW Headlight Conversion - HOW-TO|
For an upgraded lighting system that will help you see the road and look stylish in the process the following parts will be required:
- BMW E36 Headlights (E36 is 92-98 BMW 325s and similar) can usually be found on Ebay
- 2 3" Bookshelf L Brackets (I bought mine @ home depot for like $5)
- Some 1.5 inch machine screws something that will screw into the lense tightly.
- Drill w/ appropriate bits
This is a somewhat cheesy setup and you cannot aim your headlights but you can't have it all.
1. If you received your headlight with the aiming hardware attahed detach that now and thow it out it will not be required for this project.
2. Attach your L brackets to the headlights top mount
3. Remove your old headlights. (The removal process is beyond the scope of this how-to)
4. Set your BMW lights in place for fitting (make sure you try them with the hood closed as they are slanted and look stupid if their too far back. I know I made this mistake...
5. Ones you get them placed the way you like driill hole through the L braket and through your valance and use self tapping machine screws to screw the light in place
6. This conversion utilizes your existing bulbs and wiring nothing to change.
When shopping for lenses you may find lenses that look very yellow as the plastic has yellowed over the years outside. These lenses can be restored to new by using Mothers brand aluminum wheel polish and a buffer. It only takes 5-10 minutes to do...
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC-05:00|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited